Let’s face it, many of the most worthwhile things to do in Nashville require some advance planning. This is particularly true in winter, when it gets dark early and shows like Downton Abbey are back on TV. So in my opinion, when it comes to having fun in Nashville in the wintertime, failing to plan is planning to fail. In other words, unless you start booking some activities now, you are likely to spend the first three months of 2016 on your sofa!
Fortunately, the University School of Nashville has just published its online catalog of adult Evening Classes – and registration begins on December 10! Most classes are held at the USN campus at 2000 Edgehill Avenue in Nashville.
There is really something here for everyone. Last year, I took a class on baguette baking, and another class on blogging. (I thought the class on blogging was going to make my blog better, but it really focused on ways to build email lists to sell – NOT what I was planning to do!)
As I peruse this year’s offerings, I’m overwhelmed by possibilities…
- Should I take a class on how to write a Love Poem? Or a class on how to write an Anti-Love Poem?
- Perhaps it’s time I learned how to use QuickBooks to handle the accounting tasks for my small business?
- I’ve been meaning to brush up on the legal aspects of supporting my aging parent – maybe I should enroll in the Elder Law class.
- Hey, here’s a class on making sauerkraut! That’s something I’ve never tried…
- Oooh – a dinner outing to Sinema! That sounds like fun!
- My neighbors would certainly appreciate it if I took the class on Lawn Renovation.
- 2016 is the year that I will master my fancy “big” DSLR camera – I should take a class on that!
- Fly fishing sounds like a hobby that I could spend thousands of dollars on – and here’s an all-female class for beginners.
- Maybe I’ll get discovered if I sign up for a tour of the “Nashville” film set!
So many choices! But, experience has told me that some of these classes will fill up quickly – so I’ve marked my calendar to make some winter plans! I encourage you to do the same…